Momoru's Closet

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Moral Obligations

There's in this one day I was in Q at a hospital pharmacy's cashier. One uncle was behind me. During my turn, the cashier politely asked for our name and Ic. no, which is a normal procedure to double check the data on the her system because after all we are buying medications. When I was about to finish the purchase, the uncle behind throw his atm card on the table and look at at the cashier expenctedly which she attended to him and ask for his Ic no and name. He just said nastily" isn't it on your screen ah" The poor cashier smiled and proceed with his purcahse

I left the pharmacy feeling really sorry for the cashier, curse and swear bout the uncle to Dennis. And then I thought why the uncle feel it is ok to act this way. Doesn't he mind people looking at him disgusted? Or that people will definately call him a bastard? Why doesn't he feel ashamed at all?

Then another time I saw people giving up seats to the elderly. I wondered again. Did the person did it because the people who saw it will think him as a better person or because it's the so call the " moral obligation". Who are really the ones who did it because they felt the fatigue and back ache of the elder person .

Did we say thank you because we meant it, or its just polite or we are truly grateful. I think nowadays we are do obligations, or impressions rather than do what we truly feel.

To be honest I m really those who found it hard to give up seats in the mrt. Because one, I hate standing, two my rides are usually long, three I hate it when I stand up to give up seat for an elderly, some auntie will dash past and sit on my seat then shut their eyes. I m most in dilema when a looking pregnant person is near me. Those who don look obviously preganant, I m afraid of going to them to receive a dirty look from them, at acussing them for being fat. Damn those baby doll dress.

I feel if i give up my seat it be because I m afraid of what people will think of me, which will be a disgusting hypocrite. But if I dun give up I will be inconsiderate ass , leaving the needy person standing. So nowdays, I m trying to imagine the aching pain at the back of the pregnant lady and the weak knees of the old gentleman when I give up my seat. Mind you sometimes its so embarrassing for them to reject you, then some other people sit at your seat...idiots!

1 Comments:

Blogger http said...

aiya, why think so much? just be who u are la...

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home